Modification of Final Judgements

We help you when faced with a "substantial change in circumstances" in your life.

In Florida, a "substantial change in circumstances" can be grounds (statutorily) for increasing, decreasing, or terminating a child support or alimony order, or for modifying a child custody order.  At the Law Offices of Mark Bain P.A., we help our clients reach resolutions in the modification of child support, spousal support or child custody orders.

Substantial Change in Your Financial Situation

At the Law Offices of Mark Bain P.A., we help clients who suffered a substantial change in circumstances related to job loss, disability, injury or other situations resulting from factors beyond their control.  Such changes may render it difficult or impossible to comply with an existing child support or alimony order.

Modification of Child Support Orders

A post judgment child support modification is available when necessary and in the best interests of the child. If you have had a substantial change in circumstances that is significant, material, permanent, and involuntary, Attorney Mark Bain can assist you to file for a modification of your Final Judgment and/or your most recent Order entered by the Court.  He has years of experience in handling complex legal and financial issues to assist you obtaining a child support modification.

Conversely, if your Former Spouse is attempting to modify your previously entered Final Judgment regarding Alimony, Child Support or any other final financial obligation they have agreed to, they have the burden of likewise proving that a substantial change in circumstances has occurred that is significant, material, permanent, and involuntary.  Many times, Former payor Spouses of Alimony and Child Support attempt downward modifications to which they are not entitled.  Attorney Mark Bain will assist you in aggressively defending your contractual and Florida statutory rights.

Modification of Alimony Orders

Bankruptcy, unemployment, or other substantial changes in your financial situation can make it impossible to continue paying alimony at the current level. In Florida, a substantial change in an alimony recipient’s need and/or the alimony payor’s ability to pay can be grounds for a post judgment modification to increase, decrease, or terminate alimony. We can help.

Contact Us

For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding enforcement or a modification of orders for child custody or support, please contact us at 954-455-8802.