BROWARD, MIAMI-DADE, PALM BEACH COUNTIES, FT. LAUDERDALE, BOCA RATON, FLORIDA GUARDIANSHIP ATTORNEY
A guardianship is a legal relationship created when a person or institution is named in a will or assigned by the court to take care of minor children or incompetent adults.
Guardianships are commonly used for seniors who become unable to manage their affairs late in life or for a minor. In the case of a minor, it is usually where a minor stands to inherit large amounts of property or money or if their parents are deceased or unable to take care of them.
The Law Offices of Mark Bain, P.A., can help you with the entire process of selecting and setting up guardianship. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Petition the court for the appointment of a guardian
- Handle the incapacity hearing
- Execute an inventory of the Ward’s assets
- Manage assets for the ward
- Prepare initial and annual accountings
- File tax returns
- Establish a monthly budget
- Assist with finding a residential setting for the Ward
- Ensure the Guardian carries out their duties and responsibilities
- ACTIONS CONCERNING ELDER ABUSE
- CAPACITY / INCAPACITY PROCEEDINGS
- ENFORCEMENT OF RESIDENT’S RIGHTS
- GUARDIAN AD LITEM
- MEDICAID PLANNING ASSISTANCE
Contact us by telephone at 954-455-8802 or by e-mail through this Web site to schedule an appointment and discuss your legal concerns. We offer a free initial telephone consultation.