Guardianships are filed for minors when the minor child has inherited or received money or property in excess of $15,000.  In this type of case a guardian of the property is all that is needed if the minor child's parents are living. If a minor child's parents are deceased, a guardianship of the person may also be required.

If you have need for a legal guardianship or want to discuss whether a legal guardianship is needed, please contact the Law Offices of Mark Bain, P.A. at (954)455-8802.